View Single Post
Old 21-03-17, 05:12 PM
Regular

Default Park gate rspb - 19 - 03 - 2017

This is one of my favourite places to visit, I know itís just a short walk along the high street with the houses, shops, hotels, pubs & food outlets on one side and on the other Marsh land and small pools leading on to the Estuary but still a great variety of Bird species from Linnet to Hen Harrier.

Up until around 15.30 we only saw the usual suspects but in the next 15 minutes we had a great view of a Marsh Harrier over the March with a Merlin flying low over the undergrowth, then to top it a female Hen Harrier in the distance this on top of a Kestrel showing well for the photographers in the group and at the last minute before the rain set in we saw a Buzzard so a great Birds of prey day was had by all.

SPECIES SEEN Ė

Little egret, Black headed gull, Lesser black backed gull, Feral pigeon, Greylag goose, Pink footed goose, Canada goose, Carrion crow, Mallard, Teal, Moorhen, Redshank, Starling, Wood pigeon, Kestrel, Curlew, Grey heron, Cormorant, Chaffinch, Mistle thrush, Fieldfare, Linnet, Jay, Meadow pipit, Redwing, Oystercatcher, Goldfinch, Blue tit, Merlin, Marsh harrier, Hen harrier, Buzzard & Great black backed gull

Will be updating my garden watch updates shortly