Birding UK and Ireland Forum  

Go Back   Birding UK and Ireland Forum > Bird Discussion > Bird Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-01-11, 07:58 PM
Regular

As I seem to be the East Midlands marketing man here I'd have to recommend coming just a little way down the coast from Hull to the Lincolnshire coast.

First stop Gibraltar Point (Skegness). Currently there are about 21 Shore Lark and a large number of sightings at sea including Red-necked grebe and 150 red-throated divers,common scoter & Eider offshore. 6 Hen Harriers were seen last week.

A little further down the coast, just past Boston, is the RSPBs Frampton Marsh. very much an up and coming place. Last year they had an Oriental Pratincole for a week. On Sunday the following was seen:
21 X Whooper swan, 1 Bewick's swan, 18 European white-fronted goose, 1 Pink-footed Goose, 2 Scaup, 1 Spotted redshank, 5 Ruff, 2 Peregrine, Merlin, Hen harrier, Marsh harrier, Yellow-legged gull, 5 Lapland buntingand 110 Twite. They usually have hundreds of Brent Geese and I've seen Snow Bunting and Avocets, Wood Sandpipers and Yellow Wagtails (albeit at different times of year). I saw a Barn owl there once at midday just glide past me and onto a post.

From Farmtpon the next stop is North Norfolk.

This site has the daily update on Lincolnshire sightings: The Lincolnshire Bird Club • View forum - Lincs Bird Reports
Old 27-01-11, 09:51 PM
Regular

Norfolk comes a close 1st then Speyside, then Inner Hebs, but all parts of Britain have there specials. I stay in Lothian, best place in Britain for Grebes, Wales has Chough,ect.
Old 27-01-11, 10:03 PM
Regular

If he's after the MEGA'S, tell him to get up to Shetland in late September & in to October. That is where Mr Thrower and I shall be
Old 27-01-11, 10:25 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
If he's after the MEGA'S, tell him to get up to Shetland in late September & in to October. That is where Mr Thrower and I shall be
And Nae peeing the bed Denis!!!!
Old 27-01-11, 10:54 PM
Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to clydebirder

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinm View Post
As I seem to be the East Midlands marketing man here I'd have to recommend coming just a little way down the coast from Hull to the Lincolnshire coast.

First stop Gibraltar Point (Skegness). Currently there are about 21 Shore Lark and a large number of sightings at sea including Red-necked grebe and 150 red-throated divers,common scoter & Eider offshore. 6 Hen Harriers were seen last week.

A little further down the coast, just past Boston, is the RSPBs Frampton Marsh. very much an up and coming place. Last year they had an Oriental Pratincole for a week. On Sunday the following was seen:
21 X Whooper swan, 1 Bewick's swan, 18 European white-fronted goose, 1 Pink-footed Goose, 2 Scaup, 1 Spotted redshank, 5 Ruff, 2 Peregrine, Merlin, Hen harrier, Marsh harrier, Yellow-legged gull, 5 Lapland buntingand 110 Twite. They usually have hundreds of Brent Geese and I've seen Snow Bunting and Avocets, Wood Sandpipers and Yellow Wagtails (albeit at different times of year). I saw a Barn owl there once at midday just glide past me and onto a post.

From Farmtpon the next stop is North Norfolk.

This site has the daily update on Lincolnshire sightings: The Lincolnshire Bird Club • View forum - Lincs Bird Reports
I agree with Gavin, as a regular visitor to North Lincolnshire now. The area is superb for bird watching and has many great birding sites, Alborough Flats is a new salt marsh in the making and has great potential. Far Ings and Barrow Haven Reedbeds LWT reserves are also suberb for birding

cheers, John