Birding UK and Ireland Forum  

Go Back   Birding UK and Ireland Forum > Bird Discussion > Bird Chat

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-11, 07:37 AM
Little Sparrow's Avatar
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Central England
Posts: 9,947
Blog Entries: 6
Default Aldi specials!!

Aldi specials today.
ALDI - Thursday Special Buys 3rd February 2011

I am off to purchase a camera nestbox...if they have any left by the time I get there.lol!!

Will update if I am lucky.
__________________
Judith.




Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you.
- Frank Lloyd Wright
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-11, 08:33 AM
PeterB's Avatar
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 7,614
Default

You should have advertised it after getting your own!! Good luck.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-11, 09:24 AM
Twitcheruth's Avatar
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Cheshire, UK.
Posts: 6,293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Sparrow View Post
Aldi specials today.
ALDI - Thursday Special Buys 3rd February 2011

I am off to purchase a camera nestbox...if they have any left by the time I get there.lol!!

Will update if I am lucky.
Some super offers there Judith.....the glazed feeder is a good price isn't it!
Hope you get lucky with your camera box........and that you can follow the setting up instructions!! lol
__________________
RUTH


My Photos
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-11, 10:56 AM
Little Sparrow's Avatar
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Central England
Posts: 9,947
Blog Entries: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
You should have advertised it after getting your own!! Good luck.
Ha ha!! I should have Peter!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitcheruth View Post
Some super offers there Judith.....the glazed feeder is a good price isn't it!
Hope you get lucky with your camera box........and that you can follow the setting up instructions!! lol
I will have to get me brain in to gear Ruth.lol!!

Well, I have a Camera Nest Box and a tub of fatballs thanks to Peter wishing me good luck!

The store had about 10 of each Camera Nest Box and Camera feeders on show, whether they have more in stock I do not know.
__________________
Judith.




Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you.
- Frank Lloyd Wright
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-11, 12:09 PM
Twitcheruth's Avatar
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Cheshire, UK.
Posts: 6,293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Sparrow View Post
I will have to get me brain in to gear Ruth.lol!!

Well, I have a Camera Nest Box and a tub of fatballs thanks to Peter wishing me good luck!
Nice one Judith......lets hope you get some lodgers in your new box!
I'm sure all those fatballs will help!
__________________
RUTH


My Photos
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-11, 12:36 PM
PeterB's Avatar
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 7,614
Default

Glad you got it!. Look forward to the pictures from it. What size hole is it?
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-11, 01:12 PM
Little Sparrow's Avatar
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Central England
Posts: 9,947
Blog Entries: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitcheruth View Post
Nice one Judith......lets hope you get some lodgers in your new box!
I'm sure all those fatballs will help!
Thanks Ruth! I am sure they will help, they also contain grit to help strengthen eggshells when nesting.


Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
Glad you got it!. Look forward to the pictures from it. What size hole is it?
Thanks Peter! I haven't opened the box yet and doesn't say on the outside of the box though there is a picture of a Blue Tit on there. i am presuming it is suitable for Blue or Great Tits or any other species that can fit in the box.lol!! I will update when I have opened the box. Sounds like 'Take Your Pick'...showing my age now.lol!!
__________________
Judith.




Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you.
- Frank Lloyd Wright
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-11, 05:46 PM
jacobiteken's Avatar
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Scottish borders
Posts: 203
Default

Yes glad you got one Judith looking forward to seeing them pics
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-11, 06:15 PM
PeterB's Avatar
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 7,614
Default

According the the RSPB.

25 mm for blue, coal and marsh tits
28 mm for great tits, tree sparrows and pied flycatchers
32 mm for house sparrows and nuthatches
45 mm for starlings
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 04-02-11, 07:26 AM
Little Sparrow's Avatar
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Central England
Posts: 9,947
Blog Entries: 6
Default

It is 30mm Peter. So I might get a bird that is bigger than a Great Tit and smaller than a House Sparrow.lol!

It is a sturdy nest box, I will take a pic and post it here later today.
__________________
Judith.




Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you.
- Frank Lloyd Wright
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:36 AM.