Birding UK and Ireland Forum  

Go Back   Birding UK and Ireland Forum > Bird Discussion > Bird Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-11, 11:01 AM
Regular

Default Dead Swans

Hi all the wife as just read out an article in the papers this morning, migrants have according to the paper eaten 14 swans, My thoughts are catch them and show them no mercy after all are swans not protected; the trouble with this country is that any one who comes hear from another country that have nothing think they can treat this country like rubbish and get away with it.

Whats your thoughts on the dead swans, just to put a couple of things straight I am not a racist and i have nothing against anyone who comes to this country legally and who gives something to the country; its the actions of those who come hear and have no respect for anything.

regards (M)ick
Old 05-02-11, 11:58 AM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonethatgotaway View Post
Hi all the wife as just read out an article in the papers this morning, migrants have according to the paper eaten 14 swans, My thoughts are catch them and show them no mercy after all are swans not protected; the trouble with this country is that any one who comes hear from another country that have nothing think they can treat this country like rubbish and get away with it.

Whats your thoughts on the dead swans, just to put a couple of things straight I am not a racist and i have nothing against anyone who comes to this country legally and who gives something to the country; its the actions of those who come hear and have no respect for anything.

regards (M)ick
It's not just swans that they take. Rustling is on the increase.

Can't sleep, clowns will eat me.
Old 05-02-11, 12:36 PM
Regular

Default getting even

Hi Actor,
Yes i know taking fish is another, perhaps we all need to be more vigilant when we are out and about fishing running birdwaching or doing any other pursuit, If i saw anyone doing such things as this would do what ever i could to make sure the ones doing it were brought to justice.
regards (M)ick
Old 05-02-11, 01:23 PM
Regular

Can all that is written about eastern European immigrants really be true? asks Tim Dowling | UK news | The Guardian

thought this might be handy..
Old 05-02-11, 06:44 PM
Regular

Default The Law

Hi McBilly
It depends on what is proved by the law in this country whatever the papers say, as stated i have nothing against any person who is hear legally and follows the laws of our country; who ever is responcible for the death of these swans should have the full force of the legal system thrown at them.

Who do you think could be responcible for the swans deaths, and what penalty would you issue against them; I ask this purely out of interest.
regards (M)ick
Old 05-02-11, 06:53 PM
Regular

thing is its hard to prove, like hare coursing, poaching ect... also down to rarety... id guess queen has say over these... problem also is most of the ones guilty are homeless and destitute, think there should be punnishment, but also education, and sorting out imagration status - ie fly them back home if needed.
Old 05-02-11, 06:57 PM
Regular

Hi McBilly,
Totally Agree.
regards (M)ick