Birding UK and Ireland Forum  

Go Back   Birding UK and Ireland Forum > Bird Discussion > Birdwatching Equipment > Cameras > Canon Cameras

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-13, 06:15 PM
Regular

Default Upcoming Canon Firmwares & offers

Looks like more cameras are going to be given the AF at F8 feature which a lot of bird photographers want without having to invest in super tele lenses. The latest rumour is a possible firmware update for the 6D in May/June to address this issue. The 5D3 will be getting it next month with an already confirm update. Let see whether this holds true for the new 7D2 as well.

Amazon UK is also offering a Canon Spring Cashback offer when you purchase a qualifying Canon camera product between March 7, 2013 and May 31, 2013 and receive up to 235 cashback from Canon which is a good oportunity if you intend to purchase new equipment and make a generous saving in the process.
Old 10-03-13, 08:18 PM
Banned

Send a message via Skype™ to aquila 1

Hi Birdman any chance of you p[osting some pictures on here of the raptors migration, see some on another forum they look great. regards mac
Old 10-03-13, 08:38 PM
Regular

Default Bird of prey migration

Hi Aquila, will be posting some next week, hopefully weather will have cleared a bit, been rather stormy lately
Old 13-09-15, 02:37 PM
Regular

I was actually wondering last night if it were even slightly possible that a firmware update could be brought out to enable this on the old 7D but I suppose that's just wishful thinking.
I have a 1.4TC which I could add to my 100-400L - my eyesight just isn't good enough for manual focus with this combo cos I have tried.