Birding UK and Ireland Forum  

Go Back   Birding UK and Ireland Forum > Ask a Question > Emergency Bird Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-16, 09:05 PM
Regular

Default R.i.p forum

I am getting a bit concerned as to where everyone is, it seems very strange that it

has gone from a very active forum, to a Dodo state, perhaps neil can come in on this.

Also a bit worried about Judith (alias) Little Sparrow or Sparrow(rspb) can anyone throw any light on this

situation.
Old 03-03-16, 09:33 PM
Regular

It would be good to hear Neil's comment on the currently moribund state of the forum, but forums do tend to do this sort of thing. Personally I'll wait it out, visiting every day (as I do now) and posting when I feel the need. A few years ago I was a regular contributor to a very active, helpful and sociable mountain biking forum. I had to give up the mtb-ing but took a look at the forum recently. It still exists but it's now only a shadow of what it was, the only posts in past 12 months being of the "where's everybody gone?" type.

As regards the missing personnel here, Peter B has already said that he's just been very busy since Christmas, and I do know that Judith is well. Both are still into their birding, but each has personal distractions at the moment. Just one of those things, with the forum taking a back seat at the moment, as it seems to be with so many others.

Tony

Last edited by Tony F; 03-03-16 at 09:41 PM.
Old 04-03-16, 04:30 PM
Regular

I visit the Forum each day and post occasionally, mainly about what's in the garden. I've not been out and about much for various reasons so I've not had much to report. I intend to keep dropping in and post when I've something worthwhile to contribute. I do hope things pick up again, it used to be an active, lively Forum.
Old 04-03-16, 06:46 PM
Regular

Well thats 4 of us I do hope we get more of the regulars back. Also new members, I was wondering
if they are all using facebook instead ??
Old 04-03-16, 07:13 PM
Regular

I assure you I'm not using Facebook instead. I'm just not out much since starting a new job and Bristol Rovers resurgence is keeping me busy at weekends. When I've got anything to contribute I will
Old 04-03-16, 09:07 PM
Regular

Facebook? What's that? Not me!

Tny.
Old 05-03-16, 07:40 AM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by astafjevs View Post
I assure you I'm not using Facebook instead. I'm just not out much since starting a new job and Bristol Rovers resurgence is keeping me busy at weekends. When I've got anything to contribute I will
I meant no offence Stuart, its I remember Peter once saying something about
linking to facebook, and it just seems strange that this site has gone dead, and its
not only myself, as I believe one of the other members posted a similar remark a
few weeks ago. ?
Old 05-03-16, 08:01 AM
Regular

No offence taken, its just I have a strong aversion to Facebook. I'm not even sure why

To be honest this site has never really been a hive of activity, and with a couple of regulars seemingly indisposed it does seem quieter than ever.

Maybe it'll pick up now we're on the edge of Spring?
Old 05-03-16, 10:10 AM
Regular

I look in on the Birding.uk Facebook page and have posted the odd pic in the past but I see it only as a place to post photos rather than a forum for discussion.

I also follow various threads on Birdforum (though I don't normally post), and notice that contributions to those threads seem to have slowed.
Old 05-03-16, 10:14 AM
Regular

I'm still around and updating regular it could be most people have decided to stay in for a while it was quiet this time last year as well.