Birding UK and Ireland Forum

Birding UK and Ireland Forum (http://www.birding.uk.com/forum/)
-   Just for Fun (http://www.birding.uk.com/forum/just-fun/)
-   -   What's there? I know do you? (http://www.birding.uk.com/forum/just-fun/64507-whats-there-i-know-do-you.html)

Little Sparrow 10-02-18 09:15 AM

What's there? I know do you?

1 Attachment(s)
Been a while since the last 'guess what/who/where pic'!

Guesses anyone?

Tony F 10-02-18 02:01 PM

Lovely to see this thread revisited, but its absence hasn't improved my chances of spotting what's there Judith.

I was going to start a long list of guesses based entirely on the habitat, but having peered at the photo for an inordinately long time, and apart from what seems to be a bleached-out starfish, I THINK I can see what you might be referring to, but for the life of me can't begin to identify it other than as some sort of immature gull? In a very different habitat I'd have said it was a Nightjar :confused::confused::confused:

But then, why would you take a photo of an immature gull loafing amongst some rocks???

I look forward to the ensuing guesses, and the ultimate reveal...

Tony

Longhambirder 10-02-18 06:21 PM

Think this is the hardest one I have seen you set, all I can see on my laptop screen is rocks.
Nice to see this thread back I have look at some old picture wanting to try this again but do not any any suitable.
Martin

astafjevs 10-02-18 07:39 PM

I can see a cat, which might be a hunched heron?

Little Sparrow 11-02-18 08:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you for your replies guys!

Some interesting thoughts.

Now then where is the cat Stuart?:confused::D

I have cropped the image slightly to assist. The image was taken recently in the Canaries but the 'subject' is certainly seen in the UK.

astafjevs 11-02-18 09:45 AM

He's in the bottom centre, he has a grey back and a white head and he's looking at us over his shoulder.

astafjevs 11-02-18 09:45 AM

Also I think I can see a seal?

Tony F 11-02-18 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by astafjevs (Post 123133)
He's in the bottom centre, he has a grey back and a white head and he's looking at us over his shoulder.

That was the first thing I saw Stuart, but I decided not even Judith could take a live photo of Daffy Duck:D. And now, of course, I can't find the "bird" I was suspecting yesterday. DOH!!

Tony

Little Sparrow 11-02-18 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by astafjevs (Post 123133)

Err..it isn't a cat!:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by astafjevs (Post 123134)
Also I think I can see a seal?

:confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony F (Post 123135)
That was the first thing I saw Stuart, but I decided not even Judith could take a live photo of Daffy Duck:D. And now, of course, I can't find the "bird" I was suspecting yesterday. DOH!!

Tony

Ha ha! Keep looking Tony!:D

astafjevs 11-02-18 04:45 PM

If it's not a cat it might be a heron or a curlew or a whimbrel. I can see legs.