Birding UK and Ireland Forum  

Go Back   Birding UK and Ireland Forum > Bird Discussion > Birdwatching Equipment > Binoculars > Luger Binoculars

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-09-09, 10:30 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Neil Rigby
Post Luger Binoculars

Are you looking to buy a pair of Luger Birding Binoculars and want to know more about them? Ask you question here.

Do you own a pair of Luger Binoculars? If so why not post a review.
www.birding.uk.com
Old 05-12-09, 01:39 PM
Hatchling Member

Default luger LX review

Hello,

The luger LX 10x26 were the first proper binoculars I bought, reasonably priced (70) and they seem pretty high quality to me, after many a binocular swap with more expensive varieties in the field.

They're fully waterproof and very light, so I often carry them with me around London on the offchance of seeing anything interesting. As the lenses are small, they dont perform well in low light but you wouldnt expect them too.

Recently, I dropped them and they suffered critical damage!! the hinge mechanism on one tube has dropped a bit meaning they're no longer parrallel.

Still useable but a tad annoying. I'm sure that was unlucky on my part though as I tend to use things very intensely, most things I have break eventually, very unfortunately.

In conclusion I'd say they were brilliant binocs for the casual observer due to their size and weight, but also of very high quality.

It is due to their brilliant size and versatility, that i've been able to see and experience birds and wildlife to a greater extent using these, rather than lugging a heavier expensive model.

I'm looking to buy the DX 10x42 luger model. Does anyone know of a binocular repair smith in the meantime??

cheers,

Hamish