Birding UK and Ireland Forum  

Go Back   Birding UK and Ireland Forum > The Nestbox

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-11-15, 10:35 AM
Regular

Default Bellowhead

A bit off topic but if there are any Bellowhead fans out there make sure you get to see them on their farewell tour. I was at the Apollo Manchester last night to see them and they were brilliant. The atmosphere was awesome and the group responded in fine style. I've seen them a few times and last night was one of the best.
Old 28-11-15, 08:43 PM
Regular

Wow, I had to google that. I used to be seriously into proper folk back in the 70's with acts visiting our local venues. It all ended when I remember going to see some band called the sex pistols at the local leisure centre. I think that was the last time I saw a live band.

The day, the music died.
Old 29-11-15, 10:55 AM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
Wow, I had to google that. I used to be seriously into proper folk back in the 70's with acts visiting our local venues. It all ended when I remember going to see some band called the sex pistols at the local leisure centre. I think that was the last time I saw a live band.

The day, the music died.
I've been into folk music since I was in my teens. My local Teesside folk group was The Fettlers, and another local singer was Vin Garbutt. During my university days at the end of the sixties (makes me feel old) I became an avid Fairport Convention fan. I enjoy most types of folk music but Bellowhead are totally different and a tremendous live act.