Birding UK and Ireland Forum  

Go Back   Birding UK and Ireland Forum > Forum Talk > New Features and Improvements

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 29-08-14, 03:59 PM
Twitcheruth's Avatar
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Cheshire, UK.
Posts: 6,293
Default Viewing Thread Photo's

Is anyone else having to click ,cross and then re-click each thread pic in order to view it??
__________________
RUTH


My Photos
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 29-08-14, 04:00 PM
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 18
Default

I have always had to do that since I signed up.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 29-08-14, 04:03 PM
ijwilki's Avatar
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Cumbria
Posts: 1,663
Blog Entries: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitcheruth View Post
Is anyone else having to click ,cross and then re-click each thread pic in order to view it??
Me too Ruth, or click next pic, then previous. Irritating isn't it.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 29-08-14, 07:50 PM
Little Sparrow's Avatar
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Central England
Posts: 9,881
Blog Entries: 6
Default

It is very frustrating!
__________________
Judith.




Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you.
- Frank Lloyd Wright
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 29-08-14, 11:11 PM
PeterB's Avatar
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 7,614
Default

Eh? Can you explain........
__________________
www.fotr.org.uk
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 30-08-14, 08:27 AM
Little Sparrow's Avatar
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Central England
Posts: 9,881
Blog Entries: 6
Default

I will try to explain.

To view an image in a post a black square box appears, in the centre is a swirling icon, like the one's when you are opening a new window. I have to click in the box and then the image appears. I think that is right. maybe someone else will have another go at explaining. This happens to the majority of images in posts, yours are always a big size so no need to enlarge yours Peter.

Do you get it?

EDIT: I have to view my own images in the same manner. To get out of the image I have to click on the arrow in the top left of the screen.
__________________
Judith.




Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you.
- Frank Lloyd Wright

Last edited by Little Sparrow; 30-08-14 at 08:32 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 30-08-14, 08:43 AM
Twitcheruth's Avatar
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Cheshire, UK.
Posts: 6,293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Sparrow View Post
I will try to explain.

To view an image in a post a black square box appears, in the centre is a swirling icon, like the one's when you are opening a new window. I have to click in the box and then the image appears. I think that is right. maybe someone else will have another go at explaining. This happens to the majority of images in posts, yours are always a big size so no need to enlarge yours Peter.

Do you get it?

EDIT: I have to view my own images in the same manner. To get out of the image I have to click on the arrow in the top left of the screen.
Yes that's correct.....I have to click the small x then re-click the image to view.....will try your method Judith.....tis 1 less click!! lol
Well your method worked Judith......but then how do you get back to the forum????
__________________
RUTH


My Photos

Last edited by Twitcheruth; 30-08-14 at 08:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 30-08-14, 08:48 AM
Little Sparrow's Avatar
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Central England
Posts: 9,881
Blog Entries: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitcheruth View Post
Yes that's correct.....I have to click the small x then re-click the image to view.....will try your method Judith.....tis 1 less click!! lol
Well your method worked Judith......but then how do you get back to the forum????
You have to click on the arrow in the top left of your PC/ Laptop screen, it works for me.
__________________
Judith.




Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you.
- Frank Lloyd Wright
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 30-08-14, 08:51 AM
Twitcheruth's Avatar
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Cheshire, UK.
Posts: 6,293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Sparrow View Post
You have to click on the arrow in the top left of your PC/ Laptop screen, it works for me.
Aha.....yes of course.......senior moment, it worked thanks!
__________________
RUTH


My Photos
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 30-08-14, 08:52 AM
PeterB's Avatar
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 7,614
Default

OK, it does this on Internet Explorer but doesn't do it on Google Chrome. Going to Try Firefox next.
__________________
www.fotr.org.uk
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:37 PM.