Birding UK and Ireland Forum  

Go Back   Birding UK and Ireland Forum > Ask a Question > Places to See Birds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-11, 05:49 PM
Regular

see for berkshire its a hard one, theres some good sites but my fav is lavell, close to where i live, good selection of birds all year round. easy acess for me as i cant walk far,

i went to chew valley lakes near bristol wasnt inspired but maybe it was the wrong time of year..
Old 01-02-11, 05:53 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBilly View Post
see for berkshire its a hard one, theres some good sites but my fav is lavell, close to where i live, good selection of birds all year round. easy acess for me as i cant walk far,

i went to chew valley lakes near bristol wasnt inspired but maybe it was the wrong time of year..
I can't get too excited about Chew Valley lake either, but it does attract a decent amount of good water birds (I'm told, I never see them!). Think its mainly for hardcore birders with big scopes
Old 01-02-11, 05:58 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by astafjevs View Post
I can't get too excited about Chew Valley lake either, but it does attract a decent amount of good water birds (I'm told, I never see them!). Think its mainly for hardcore birders with big scopes
id agree its the distances involved, i have a 300 lens and that works good for my local lake, lavell, so i get disapointed if i cant get good views... saying that blashford is quite big but they do come close to the hides on a regular basis..
Old 27-06-12, 05:29 AM
Regular

Just a quick one am I the only person on here from the midlands as there seems to be nothng to see and no where to go in the Midlands

Just wondering?
Old 27-06-12, 09:57 AM
Regular

I think there are a couple of forumers in the West Midlands, but I don't think any area is especially well represented on here. (EDIT - in terms of numbers, naturally the contribution of the individuals is second to none )

As for nothing to see or do, I will point you to your own excellent thread:

West Midlands Birding areas

Incidentally, since you have resurrected an old thread, I would like to rescind my previous opinion of Chew Valley Lake. Turns out you just need to know what you're doing, it's actually an excellent place

Last edited by astafjevs; 27-06-12 at 10:26 AM.
Old 27-06-12, 10:33 PM
Regular

ASTAJEVS many thanks for your reply the thing I was trying to get across was do any others on here go watching in the midlands sorry I may have worded my original comment a little wrong.
Old 28-06-12, 03:52 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADRIAN K View Post
ASTAJEVS many thanks for your reply the thing I was trying to get across was do any others on here go watching in the midlands sorry I may have worded my original comment a little wrong.
I do Adrian, when I have the time that is!

Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you.
- Frank Lloyd Wright
Old 06-02-13, 08:17 PM
Regular

Some interesting choices and areas to watch birds in the UK, well done for compiling this list