Birding UK and Ireland Forum  

Go Back   Birding UK and Ireland Forum > Ask a Question > Places to See Birds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-02-16, 03:40 PM
Regular

Default Adel Dam Leeds

We had a ride over to Adel Dam, which is at the end of golden acre park on the outskirts of Leeds, this morning, the park was very busy as there was a sponsored dog walk going on. But we were the only one in the hide at 9.00 am the mandarins, were still there, loads of Dunnock, great, blue & long tailed tits, also the greater woodpecker came we could also hear the Lesser spotted calling, after an hour or so we were in need of a warming coffee so headed off back to the cafe,but as we were leaving the wooded area we could hear a couple of male peckers drumming to one another, which was saying this is my patch, I was lucky to spot one up in the tree, this is the first time we have seen this, it had been a lovely morning.
Attached Thumbnails
adel-dam-leeds-blue-tit-resize.jpg   adel-dam-leeds-robin-resize.jpg   adel-dam-leeds-pecker-resize.jpg   adel-dam-leeds-pecker-drumming-resize.jpg   adel-dam-leeds-nuthatch-resize.jpg  

Old 28-02-16, 07:43 PM
Regular

Many thanks Hawkeye for posting a report on an area I have never been to, I like to read updates from areas like this as it gives us a view of what is around in the areas others may not be able to reach.

Love the photographs