Birding UK and Ireland Forum  

Go Back   Birding UK and Ireland Forum > Bird Discussion > Birdwatching Equipment > Binoculars > RSPB Binoculars

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-09, 07:06 AM
Administrator

Post RSPB Birding Binoculars

Are you looking to buy a pair of RSPB Birding Binoculars and want to know more about them? Ask you question here.

Do you own a pair of RSPB Binoculars? If so why not post a review.
www.birding.uk.com
Old 03-11-10, 01:36 PM
Regular

I have been using a pair of 10x42HD for a year now and I cant fault them, I tried them against some Leica`s and some Viking ED`s and to me there wasnt any difference to the Leica`s, Certainly not an extra 1000. The Vikings I could just not get on with, I would recommend the RSPB bins as good value, but that is just my opinion.
Old 03-11-10, 07:41 PM
Regular

Talking

I have a pair of the RSPB 10x25 Ramblers and a pair of Opticron Aspheric LE 10x25 for use in the car, I find that the Opticron's have a slightly clearer image also easier on the eye's and they are about the same price as one another. But they are both good for under 100.

Last edited by smoothhound2000; 03-11-10 at 07:43 PM.
Old 13-06-12, 05:22 PM
Regular

I went to RSPB Conwy today and tried out 7 pairs of binoculars in both of their guises, RSPB and Viking. The ones I tested were;

RSPB 8.5x42 WPG
RSPB 8x42 BG PC
RSPB 8x42 HD
Viking 8x42w Navilux
Viking 8x42 Vistron
Viking 8x42 MD
Viking 8x42 ED

The sales assistant was great and gradually, one by one, the bins went back into the display case until only one pair remained - The RSPB BG PC.

For my personal preference and ease of use, etc. these binoculars were the best. Closely followed by the Viking Vistron and the Viking MD. The MD in particular has massive eye-relief and the Vistron are very compact for 8x42s. However the BG PCs just knocked them all into a cocked hat and I couldn't really discern any optical superiority in the HD and ED models that would make me choose either of them over the BG PCs

Such a great advantage in being able to try out so many pairs rather than just reading reviews and taking pot-luck online.