Birding UK and Ireland Forum  

Go Back   Birding UK and Ireland Forum > Forum Talk > Say Hello!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-17, 06:50 AM
Regular

Default Hi from Dubai

Hi everyone,

I’ve been a resident in Dubai for 13 years now, but originally from Airdrie (just outside Glasgow) in Scotland.
I’ve only really started birding heavily again over the last couple of years, and I use eBird exclusively (https://ebird.org/ebird/profile/Njk0NTEx ) to record all my sightings and maintain my life list. I’m currently at 445 on my global life list, but I’m at 235 for the UAE alone, my aim is reach the magic 300! I’m planning a trip in November to a private island just off the coast of Abu Dhabi, and I bought a rubber boat to get me there; and the target is the Hypocolius. This venture will probably be my most strenuous/adventurous to date.
I’ve also just recently been added to the list of available guides for the UAE, so if your ever visiting the UAE you can look us all up at this link. Guiding-new
I come back to the UK every few years and my plan is to get some birding in while I’m home next, I have a current UK count of 115 and hope to add to that with sea birds on my next visit, the Fair Isle is my target area and I reckon that I’d manage over 50 new species from that one location.
I’m very pleased to be here and look forward to my time on this forum.