Birding UK and Ireland Forum  

Go Back   Birding UK and Ireland Forum > Bird Discussion > Birdwatching Equipment > Binoculars > Swarovski Binoculars

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-09-09, 03:56 PM
Administrator

Post Swarovski Binoculars

Are you looking to buy a pair of Swarovski Birding Binoculars and want to know more about them? Ask you question here.

Do you own a pair of Swarovski Binoculars? If so why not post a review.
www.birding.uk.com
Old 05-07-10, 04:49 PM
Regular

Got a pair of 10 x 42's.
Outstanding. Crystal clear, bright, large image. Light enough to wear all day without fatigue.
Eye watering price, whether they are worth twice as much as my wife's Opticrons is a moot point. The Opticrons produce an image that is almost as good but they are noticeably heavier, tiring if worn all day.
Chaz

Last edited by chaz g harrison; 05-07-10 at 05:18 PM. Reason: correct grammar errors
Old 20-11-13, 08:05 PM
Regular

I own a pair of 10x42 swarovision el's and as in the post above I cannot fault them, yes they are very pricey, I had a pair of RSPB HD 10x42 which I thought were very good, my wife has these now, and if I look through the RSPB bins, compared to swarovski bins, you can see what you are paying for in the quality of the optics, I have just purchased a new Swarovski ATX 85mm scope, but I have not had chance to use it out in the field yet, can't wait to get out and use it I will post a review when I do, but after reading online reviews about the ATX systems I don't think I will be disappointed.
Old 09-02-14, 12:11 PM
Regular

I've bitten the bullet and bought a pair of 8.5 x 42 Swarovski binocs. They are a complete revelation, bright, crystal clear optics with a noticeably improved flat field. You can see where the high cost has been invested.
Bit heavier than I expected at 983 grams, but ergonomically 'just right' when viewing. Problem now is that my wife wants a pair too, and has reminded me that her birthday is only 3 weeks away!
Old 17-02-14, 11:20 AM
Regular

Glad that you like your new bino's, yes Swarovski are expensive but they are top quality. I have a pair of 10x42 EL's and compared to my RSPB HD bino's they are like night and day. I have recently bought the new 85mm ATX scope, and I have not been disappointed.